Motor Lofts For Sale/Rent
No Results Found.
Originally built in 1906 as the Martin Shaughnessy Building the structure was designed and constructed entirely of fire proof materials. This included brick terra cotta and iron columns in the interior.
Shaughnessy collaborated with the nationally-known architectural firm of Barnett, Haynes & Barnett to deliver the intended result. This was crucial for Shaughnessy as many cities across the country were experiencing major destructive fires due to little to no building codes and flammable materials.
The building housed automobile parts and was popular due to its design and ability to store industrial parts in a safe and secure environment. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.
Residents can walk three blocks south to watch the new St. Louis City Soccer Club playing their inaugural season in 2023. In addition, the building is a short three minute drive to the home of the new NGA West Headquarters set to start moving employees in during 2024/2025.
Written by Gregg Sharpe
Get More Info About This Building
2207 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63103
YEAR BUILT: 1903
HEIGHT: 72 ft